ORGLIST: removal of protective group in NŠ-Boc-Nš-Fmoc-L-ornithine

From: Jose Olucha (joseolucha$##$gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 17:09:18 EST

Hi,

I am a biochemist with very little synthetic chemistry experience, so I
apologize in advance for my possibly-ridiculously-obvious questions.

I am derivatizing ornithine (non-proteogenic AA), and need
NŠ-Boc-L-ornithine as a starting compound, which so far I've found not to be
available commercially except in bulk (if you know otherwise, please tell me
where I could purchase gram quantities!!).

Can I purchase NŠ-Boc-Nš-Fmoc-L-ornithine and remove the Fmoc protective
group (with 20% piperidine in DMF) without removing the Boc protective group
(or vice-versa for that matter)?

Thank you,

Jose