Re: ORGLIST: purification

From: Amir Mahmoudkhani (amirmahmoudkhani$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 10:45:23 EST

Penny,

I would do centrifuging instead of filtering the solution, it is easier and faster, if you have one in your lab.Amir Mahmoudkhani

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:03:24 -0500From: penny.joshi$##$gmail.comTo: everybody$##$orglist.netSubject: ORGLIST: purification
I have a problem regarding purification of my compounds. I am purifying them by using peparative plates and get my compound out of silica by dissolving in 10-20 %MeOH/DCM. but at this polarity silica fines also come so later i dissove it in DCM and then filter it through buckner funnel using watman filter paper one and a layer of sodium sulfate but still i cannot get rid of silica fines.
and i have tried this around 5-6 times with little modifications
I need some suggestions
thanks