ORGLIST: purification

From: penny joshi (penny.joshi$##$gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 17:03:24 EST

I have a problem regarding purification of my compounds. I am purifying them
by using peparative plates and get my compound out of silica by dissolving
in 10-20 %MeOH/DCM. but at this polarity silica fines also come so later i
dissove it in DCM and then filter it through buckner funnel using watman
filter paper one and a layer of sodium sulfate but still i cannot get rid of
silica fines.
and i have tried this around 5-6 times with little modifications
I need some suggestions
thanks