Re: ORGLIST: brine/water washing

From: Jaosn Smith (jason.smith1$##$students.mq.edu.au)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 04:12:07 EST

In my experience, I would wash with water to extract water soluble
impurities, followed by brine to extract left over water from organic
solvent, followed by drying product and organic solvent with anhydrous
MgSO4. It would certainly be odd to be using water after brine in this
instance, if this is what you meant.