Re: ORGLIST: Everybody Digest, Vol 52, Issue 4

Date view Thread view Subject view Author view Attachment view

From: Vinutha B.L (vinutha.bl$##$gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2008 - 11:57:16 EDT


Dear Rosana,
Few days earlier i had to use DPE and was able to remove it by hexane wash
5-6 times, followed by 20% EtOAc in hexane, then added diethylether by which
my compound crystallised filtered and gave hexane wash.

hope this could resolve your problem,
thanks,
regards,
all the very best.
vinutha

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM, <everybody-request$##$orglist.net> wrote:

> Send Everybody mailing list submissions to
> everybody$##$orglist.net
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/everybody
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> everybody-request$##$orglist.net
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> everybody-owner$##$orglist.net
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Everybody digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: diphenyl ether (JiangChao)
> 2. diphenyl ether (Rossana Ferrara) (ricardo mendonca)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 22:33:02 +0000
> From: JiangChao <c_jiang911$##$hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: ORGLIST: diphenyl ether
> To: Rossana Ferrara <rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it>,
> <everybody$##$orglist.net>
> Message-ID: <COL107-W741A698D0454FE028BBF84A13A0$##$phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312"
>
>
> Hi, Rossana,
>
> One quick suggestion from me is that:
> If your product is much more polar than PhOPh, filter the mixture through a
> short
> silica gel column (maybe in funnel) with unpolar solvent to get rid of
> PhOPh.
> Then use a polar solvent to collect your product.
>
> Chao
> PhD student University of Rochester
>
>
>
>
> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:22:52 +0200From: rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.itTo:
> everybody$##$orglist.netSubject: ORGLIST: diphenyl ether
> Dear All, i'm trying to make a "ene" reaction in diphenyl ether. I hope to
> be able to remove the solvent with different extraction (my product is
> soluble in DCM and not in hexane so i thought to extract before with exane
> to remove PhOPh and after with dcm for my compound but it does not work).I
> know that the boiling point of PhOPh is around 250? C so i don't think that
> evaporat it is a good solution. Any idea to remove it???????thanks a
> lotRossana
> Rossana Ferrara PhD student Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e
> Tossicologica "P.Pratesi" University of Milan
> e-mail:rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it <e-mail%3Arossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it>;
> rossanaferrara$##$hotmail.com. telephone: 0039-0250319360
> _________________________________________________________________
> ??????????????????????????
> http://im.live.cn/Share/18.htm
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/everybody/attachments/20081009/a1711f14/attachment-0001.htm
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:32:22 +0100
> From: "ricardo mendonca" <ricfmendonca$##$gmail.com>
> Subject: ORGLIST: diphenyl ether (Rossana Ferrara)
> To: everybody$##$orglist.net
> Message-ID:
> <ac4fef560810141232q49d76702xf472717153fd7113$##$mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi
> You could add an antisolvent (hexane seems good) and force you compound to
> crystallize out from diphenyl ether. Then filter and wash with hexane.
> Also, small quantities of xylene (a case I know of, but it may also work
> with diphenyl ether) can be removed by passing a crude reac. mixture by a
> flash silica column, and eluting your compound with a proper eluent. In
> this
> case you'll need to concentrate the reac. mixture or use the minimum amount
> of diphenyl ether in your reac. mixture.
> I would go for the 1st option, try to crystallize out your compound
> with hexane, as you know its a poor solvent for your product.
> good luck?
>
> Ricardo mendon?a
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM, <everybody-request$##$orglist.net> wrote:
>
> > Send Everybody mailing list submissions to
> > everybody$##$orglist.net
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/everybody
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > everybody-request$##$orglist.net
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > everybody-owner$##$orglist.net
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of Everybody digest..."
> >
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> >
> > 1. diphenyl ether (Rossana Ferrara)
> >
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 1
> > Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:22:52 +0200
> > From: Rossana Ferrara <rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it>
> > Subject: ORGLIST: diphenyl ether
> > To: everybody$##$orglist.net
> > Message-ID: <fa0e9b45128d4.48ede98c$##$unimi.it>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> >
> > Dear All,
> > i'm trying to make a "ene" reaction in diphenyl ether. I hope to be able
> to
> > remove the solvent with different extraction (my product is soluble in
> DCM
> > and not in hexane so i thought to extract before with exane to remove
> PhOPh
> > and after with dcm for my compound but it does not work).
> > I know that the boiling point of PhOPh is around 250? C so i don't think
> > that evaporat it is a good solution.
> > Any idea to remove it???????
> > thanks a lot
> > Rossana
> >
> > Rossana Ferrara
> > PhD student
> > Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica "P.Pratesi"
> > University of Milan
> >
> > e-mail:rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it <e-mail%3Arossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it> <
> e-mail%3Arossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it <e-mail%253Arossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it>>;
> > rossanaferrara$##$hotmail.com.
> > telephone: 0039-0250319360
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > URL: <
> >
> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/everybody/attachments/20081009/e4e1ece3/attachment.html
> > >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > ORGLIST - Organic Chemistry Mailing List
> > Website / Archive / FAQ: http://www.orglist.net
> > To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody$##$orglist.net
> > To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the message:
> > unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address
> >
> > End of Everybody Digest, Vol 52, Issue 2
> > ****************************************
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Ricardo Mendon?a
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/everybody/attachments/20081014/9512c0ac/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> ORGLIST - Organic Chemistry Mailing List
> Website / Archive / FAQ: http://www.orglist.net
> To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody$##$orglist.net
> To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the message:
> unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address
>
> End of Everybody Digest, Vol 52, Issue 4
> ****************************************
>


_______________________________________________
ORGLIST - Organic Chemistry Mailing List
Website / Archive / FAQ: http://www.orglist.net
To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody$##$orglist.net
To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the message: unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address


Date view Thread view Subject view Author view Attachment view

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Wed Feb 11 2009 - 12:37:18 EST