Re: ORGLIST: diphenyl ether

From: JiangChao (c_jiang911$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 18:33:02 EDT

Hi, Rossana,

One quick suggestion from me is that:
If your product is much more polar than PhOPh, filter the mixture through a short
silica gel column (maybe in funnel) with unpolar solvent to get rid of PhOPh.
Then use a polar solvent to collect your product.

Chao
PhD student University of Rochester

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:22:52 +0200From: rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.itTo: everybody$##$orglist.netSubject: ORGLIST: diphenyl ether
Dear All, i'm trying to make a "ene" reaction in diphenyl ether. I hope to be able to remove the solvent with different extraction (my product is soluble in DCM and not in hexane so i thought to extract before with exane to remove PhOPh and after with dcm for my compound but it does not work).I know that the boiling point of PhOPh is around 250° C so i don't think that evaporat it is a good solution. Any idea to remove it???????thanks a lotRossana
Rossana Ferrara PhD student Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica "P.Pratesi" University of Milan e-mail:rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it; rossanaferrara$##$hotmail.com. telephone: 0039-0250319360