ORGLIST: diphenyl ether

From: Rossana Ferrara (rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 05:22:52 EDT

Dear All,
i'm trying to make a "ene" reaction in diphenyl ether. I hope to be able to remove the solvent with different extraction (my product is soluble in DCM and not in hexane so i thought to extract before with exane to remove PhOPh and after with dcm for my compound but it does not work).
I know that the boiling point of PhOPh is around 250 C so i don't think that evaporat it is a good solution.
Any idea to remove it???????
thanks a lot
Rossana

Rossana Ferrara
PhD student
Istituto di Chimica Farmaceutica e Tossicologica "P.Pratesi"
University of Milan

e-mail:rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it;
rossanaferrara$##$hotmail.com.
telephone: 0039-0250319360