Re: ORGLIST: How to separate methyl iodide

From: Hima Potturi (himakp$##$siu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 13:15:24 EDT

Methyl iodide has very low boiling point (around 42C). You should be able to
get rid of it on a rotovapor.

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:12:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Suraya Zulkepli <kinrara_16$##$yahoo.com>
Subject: ORGLIST: How to separate methyl iodide from the main product
        (IODOLACTONIZATION)
To: everybody$##$orglist.net

Can anyone tell me how to separate the compund of methyl iodide from the
product of 6 membered ring lactone?Its because I got from Nmr result still
have peak of CH3I..I also tried many ratio with HEX:EA but still cant
separate coz its look like overlapp with the main product even I can look
one spot with TLC under UV and Iodine.( means 2 compound in one spot).

Hope anyone can help me so..

Thanx in advance

Suraya