ORGLIST: How to separate methyl iodide from the main product (IODOLACTONIZATION)

From: Suraya Zulkepli (kinrara_16$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 02:12:21 EDT

Can anyone tell me how to separate the compund of methyl iodide from the product of 6 membered ring lactone?Its because I got from Nmr result still have peak of CH3I..I also tried many ratio with HEX:EA but still cant separate coz its look like overlapp with the main product even I can look one spot with TLC under UV and Iodine.( means 2 compound in one spot).

Hope anyone can help me so..

Thanx in advance

Suraya