Re: ORGLIST: preparation of ammonium fluoride

From: Bohlen, Jost T. (bohlen$##$fiz-chemie.de)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 03:31:20 EDT

Lucy,

I definitely agree that ammonium fluoride should be purchased from one of the usual suppliers, it is not expensive. However, the paper you attached does not describe the preparation of NH4F but of triethyl ammonium hydrofluoride NEt3.HF from triethyl amine and aqueous hydrofluoric acid (48%). If you need this compound and want more details from the paper let me know.

Jost

Dr. Jost T. Bohlen
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin GmbH
Head of Department, Product Development and Internet Services
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin
Germany
Fon: +49-(0)30-39977 223
e-Mail: bohlen$##$fiz-chemie.de
AG Charlottenburg HRB 19047
USt.-IDNr.: DE 136 629 878
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. René Deplanque
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Senatsrat Bernd Lietzau