Re: ORGLIST: preparation of ammonium fluoride

From: Gufranuzzaman Khan (gufranuz$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 00:24:46 EDT

Dear Amanda Lucille Kohnen
For simple preparation of ammonium fluoride US Patent no. 2,816,818. I am also sending the PDF file of US patent for your information.

Thanks
Dr. Emran

Just pass ammonia gas to a cooled [~10deg C ] HF (preferably 40%), to alkaline [pH paper] -evaporate ~ keep alkaline by adding liq ammonia . Remove most water to almost slurry ,add ammonia time to time  [ SS pan on a water bath] ,cool, separate [PP Buchner],suck dry ,can wash with little methanol/ethanol. Dry in air. The method is safe ( take suitable precautions as are taken by Chemists ). But Amm Fluoride is available so easily from Lab Chem suppliers !!
S.K.Adhikari, Mumbai