ORGLIST: Mechanism of IODOLACTONIZATION..

From: Suraya Zulkepli (kinrara_16$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 18:03:05 EDT

Hello everyone,

can
anyone show me the mechanism of iodolactonization by using
methyl-hex-5-enoate..(methyl ester unsaturated acid) and use the
condition I2 and CH3CN..?Do you think the methyl group adjacent to the
oxygen can cleave the bond easily to form  6-membered ring lactone
without hydrolysis process?

Plz help me..

Thank you

Suraya