ORGLIST: Polymer purity

From: sunil silvary (sunil.orgchem$##$gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 17:37:03 EDT

Hello everyone,
                     Is there a way to know that the polymer synthesized in
the lab is the same, batch after batch ? Can you please suggest a method to
know that a particular polymer is same though it belongs to different batch.
I want to know if there is a way to do that like most fine chemicals have
"assay" on their labels like wise is there a method to determine polymer
purity. I do NMR and GPC and I can know that its the same compound but I
want to know exactly the impurities that are present in each batch.

              Please suggest a method to determine polymer purity.

thanking you,
Sunil