Re: ORGLIST: Dibenzylamine

From: ling huang (ling.huang$##$prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 18:18:48 EDT

Hi Rossana,
                      It is done with hydrogenation in MeOH. Have you tried with different catalysts?

  Ling Huang
  Chemistry Department
  Sacramento City College
  http://www.freewebs.com/huangl24
  http://www.scc.losrios.edu

Rossana Ferrara <rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it> wrote: Dear all,
i need to debenzylate dibenzylamine. I know that i can do it with hydrogenation in MeOH but my reaction doesn't work(maybe the problem is that i have
in my product other free amine that probably don't allow the normal way of reaction). I tried to do the reaction in acetic acid but i had some trouble anyway. Do you have any advise?
Thanks a lot
Rossana

  Rossana Ferrara
PhD student