ORGLIST: Dibenzylamine

From: Rossana Ferrara (rossana.ferrara$##$unimi.it)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2008 - 09:28:40 EDT

Dear all,
i need to debenzylate dibenzylamine. I know that i can do it with hydrogenation in MeOH but my reaction doesn't work(maybe the problem is that i have
in my product other free amine that probably don't allow the normal way of reaction). I tried to do the reaction in acetic acid but i had some trouble anyway. Do you have any advise?
Thanks a lot
Rossana

Rossana Ferrara
PhD student