Re: ORGLIST: gasoline, oil and petroleum synthesis.

From: Dr. S. K. Adhikari (sisir_ad$##$vsnl.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 11:35:55 EDT

Dear Shay,
Well already there are now hundreds and thousand of pages are available on alternative sources of energy . Really the research began many decades ago. Certainly some answers would be there eventually. What we are to be seriously alert is the diversion of food resources for making alcohol, that has already started showing another disaster of food price rise in 3rd world countries ( whose staples diets are cornered by rich).
May be the fuel cells would be the right answer. Cheap hydrogen via impossible reactions like CO2 + H2O --> H2 + CO might be made possible one day by some gifted surface chemist/cat expert. Many of us may not be around to watch this.
With all hopes that rice/wheat/corn are spared by the policymakers who ultimately control the course of survival or destruction.
Regards,
S.K.Adhikari