Re: ORGLIST: reaction in acetic acid workup

From: Manjunath Channapur (channapur$##$gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 01:50:19 EST

Hi
usually if acetic acid(glacial) is there as solvent and doing workup you can
concentrate reaction mixture using high vaccum pump(stability of product
w.r.t temprature) and give water wash to remove traces of acetic acid,if
product is solid and ppted out filter it otherwise add water and extracting
solvent(product soluble) and do usual work-up.
the above method i tried works good, you can also try

all the best
Manjunath B C

--
Manjunath