Re: ORGLIST: RE : hydrazoic acid

From: Sarbjit Singh (sabbykular$##$gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 07:24:41 EST

Take alcohol and DPPA (1.0 eq) in dry THF at 0 degree centigrade under
argon and add DBU (1.0 eq) as base dropwise maintaing temperature below 5
degree centigrades. Stirr for 1 hr at that temperature and then stirr at r.t.
for 24 hrs or till completion (TLC). White ppts will appear as you add DBU.
Good luck
Sarbjit
Canada