Re: ORGLIST: synthesis of N oxalylglycine

From: YaserReilly (yiluoriver$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 20:55:33 EST

Maybe you can buy it for http://www.axxora.com/.

Yaser

Msn/Email:yiluoriver$##$hotmail.com
http://www.credimate.com - Pyridine derivatives

________________________________

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:23:44 -0500
From: robertbondster$##$gmail.com
To: everybody$##$orglist.net
Subject: ORGLIST: synthesis of N oxalylglycine

Hi there

I am kindly asking your help-as I am a Veterinarian in USA not a Chemist.

I realise this question will be easy for you-however it is very important to me and I am praying you can help a beginner.
I need to do research with the below compound-but as it is not commercially available-I need to synthesise it

Q. What are the exact steps to make N Oxalyl Glycine Cas 5262-39-5 ??
I see it is formed by the reaction of Glyoxylic Acid and Ammonia.
These are both liquids-but N Oxalylglycine is a colourless solid.
Do I just mix the 2 liquids together and heat them up?
Will the resuling synthesis result in pure N Oxalyl glycine?
How do I get it out of solution?
Your help will be greatly appreciated
Kind regards and Happy Holidays
Robert