Re: ORGLIST: synthesis of N oxalylglycine

From: Chapman, Robert D n/a (robert.chapman$##$navy.mil)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 19:42:22 EST

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%225262-39-5%22
leads to the following commercial sources:
http://www.frontiersci.com/detail.php?FSIcat=O1141
http://www.axxora.com/?content=open.php%3FPID%3DALX-270-412
http://www.indofinechemical.com/Search.asp
(the last not being a direct link to the product, but searching the CAS
number retrieves it).

If those are unaffordable, skimming the hits from
http://www.google.com/search?&q=+synthesis+OR+preparation+%22n+oxalylgly
cine%22
shows the following free review of amino acids, which cites
preparations:
http://www.rsc.org/ebooks/archive/free/AM9780851861340/AM9780851861340-0
0001.pdf
The following references about its preparation are among Google hits for
the compound:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/p4134g1430536307/
http://jb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/91/6/2087
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&uid=11542465&cmd=show
detailview

Skimming the Google hits also reveals that N-oxalylglycine is a
biochemical abbreviated "NOG," so a variant search
http://www.google.com/search?q=nog+oxalylglycine
shows additional URLs listing the commercial product:
http://www.abscisicacid.com/detail.htm?ProductID=O%2D1006&id=487783713
http://www.biochemicals.net/detail.htm?ProductID=O%2D1006%2C+4
http://www.geldanamycin.com/detail.htm?ProductID=O%2D1006%2C+7
However, these might be just different domain names for the same vendor
(the pages and prices are similar).

Sincerely,

Robert D. Chapman, Ph.D.
Chemistry Branch (Code 4L4200D)