ORGLIST: Choosing celite?

From: Ken Knott (esprcorn$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2007 - 15:51:55 EST

I recall back in my undergrad days we had wonderful celite. Now in my grad lab, our celite sucks.. too coarse..

So I looked into it and discovered there was quite the variety of celite.

For normal lab application as a filter aid to improve the filtering of frits, what is a good grade?

What does calcined mean and is it desirable?

What is Hyflo or Standard Super cel?

What does your lab use for this type of application?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Virginia Tech