Re: ORGLIST: help

From: Tirosh, Shay (shay.tirosh$##$hp.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2007 - 11:11:42 EST

Dear Chemists

I wish to have a routine way to determine the concentration of ethylene glycol in unknown water solution. The suggested technique should be limited to the following already available instruments – (FTIR, HPLC, DSC, TGA, conductometer, pH meter, UV-Vis spectrophotometer, and viscometer).

Some specific question arises:

1) Is there any cathion that form a complex with ethylene glycol which gives specific color?

2) Dose aseotrop can be separated in HPLC?

Thanks

Shay

Regards,

Shay tirosh