ORGLIST: imide synthesis

From: diogo$##$unilavras.edu.br
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 08:17:39 EST

Hi everybody

Iīm preparing a ciclic imide from an aminophenol maleamic acid derivative.
The reactionīs over (TLC) but I donīt know how to work it up. I did
ciclisation by refluxing the maleamic derivative in acetic acid. Now I
donīt know how to separate the product (thereīs only one product on TLC
plate)from acetic acid, since the product has an acidic hydroxilic group.
Can you please sugest the way?

Thanks

Diogo