Re: ORGLIST: Sodium Hypochlorite oxidation/Chlorine Scavengers

From: Darren Rhodes (darren.rhodes$##$gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 09:06:57 EST

No. In relation to your question below: does the reaction go to
comletion? I've ran systems where I attempt to oxidise a secondary
alcohol to a ketone but the reaction didn't go to completion
irrespective of the number of molar equivalents of oxidant.

Has anyone else observed this phenomenon and if so, do you have a rationale?

Darren.

--
Key ID:- 0xB76FE0B9 http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/
http://en.scientificcommons.org/