ORGLIST: Sodium Hypochlorite oxidation/Chlorine Scavengers

From: ricardo mendonca (ricfmendonca$##$gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2007 - 05:23:34 EST

 Hi

As anyone run into unwanted chlorination during a Sodium Hypochlorite
(NaClO; BLEACH) oxidation of a secondary alcohol to a ketone?
If yes, have you used any chlorine scanveger? Which one?
References of articles are well apreciated.
I am aware of the use of chlorine scanvegers (2-methyl-2-butene, and alike)
during the Sodium chlorite (NaClO2) oxidation of aldehydes to carbox. acids.
I wonder if anyone have used sulphamic acid (chlorine scavenger) in this
reactions and if it did inhibit chlorination issues.
Thanks in advance

Ricardo Mendonca