ORGLIST: particle board based on formaldehyde

From: abu dawud (yoad_chem$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 03:36:06 EDT

Hallo everyone,,,
  I want to ask about making particle board by reaction between tannin and formaldehyde. Can we change formaldehyde with another compound? Because we know that formaldehyde is toxic. I assume it can be changed by formic acid or acetaldehyde, can be..?
  If it cannot be changed, how we decrease toxic of that formaldehyde in particle board?
  thanks
  Yoad, Abu Dawud