Re: ORGLIST: Problem (vinayak khairnar)

From: Jeremy M. Carr (carr030$##$bama.ua.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 12:12:15 EDT

Assuming you've already tried base and I-R (where R is your desired
alkyl group), you may need to do a CBZ protection of the amine if
there's competition in your method; I had a similar problem about two
years ago. Of course, there's always the old Fischer esterification
with a Dean-Stark trap

-JMC

I am facing problem for conversion of gama amino acids to convert it
to its ester.
   Pl.suggest how to overcome.

   Vinayak