Re: ORGLIST: Help,

From: Richard Prankerd (Richard.Prankerd$##$vcp.monash.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 22:57:03 EDT

Note: Freeze-drying/lyophilization needs properly designed equipment to
remove >99.5% of water in a sample. The last traces are very difficult
to remove and will require elevated temparatures, if the compound is
sufficiently stable. Drying over dessicant is recommended, e.g., P2O5.

And remember, all impurities are also isolated in the form of
contaminants with the main product.

Richard

Richard J. Prankerd, PhD
Senior Lecturer
Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
381 Royal Pde., Parkville VIC 3052

Phone: INT+613-9903-9003
Phax: INT+613-9903-9583

Drugs need to be designed with delivery components in mind - Takeru
Higuchi