ORGLIST: Neutralizing TLC plates?

From: Ken Knott (esprcorn$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 16:44:05 EDT

I have a compound that I think may be degrading on TLC plates due to the mild acidity.I would appreciate advice on how to neutralize TLC plates prior to running them. I understand that this can be done with a 1% solution of TEA in your eluent prior to running the compound? Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice on doing this?Also, how might I make myself more certain that I am in fact witnessing degradation of my compound as a result of running it on the TLC? Thanks in advance!Ken