Re: ORGLIST: solvent polarity table?

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgu.ac.il)
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 13:11:50 EDT

Perhaps this will be helpful.

Solvent strength. Refers to the ability of a solvent to elute a
particular solute or compound from a column. Described by Lloyd
Snyder for LEAC (LSC) adsorption chromatography on alumina: solvents
were quantitatively rated in an eluotropic series. No eluotropic
series exists for other modes. For a more comprehensive survey of
terms used in all chromatographic techniques, especially LC and TLC,
consult the following reference: R.C Denney, A Dictionary of
Chromatography. 2nd Ed., Wiley lnterscience, New York, 1982.

All the best,

Jacob