Re: ORGLIST: Analysis

From: Jacob Zabicky (zabicky$##$bgu.ac.il)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 23:05:27 EDT

Dear Uno,

IMO you should not be instrument dependent but rather certified
reference material (CRM) dependent. You can run the analysis of one
or more CRMs under various operating conditions to see whether it
makes any difference, and then you run your samples. If the analysis
has to do with any commercial transactions, then it would be
advisable to agree also on the CRM to be used as reference and
possibly other analytical details. You may find the following list
useful (source:
Franz Ulberth, Certified reference materials for inorganic and
organic contaminants in environmental matrices, Anal. Bioanal. Chem.,
(2006) 386, 1121-1136)

  Producers and distributors of (certified) reference materials for
environmental studies
(Producer/certifying organisation Country Web site)
Czech Metrological Institute (CMI) Czech Republic http://www.cmi.cz/
Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM) Germany
http://www.bam.de
Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM) EU http://
www.irmm.jrc.be
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) International http://www-
naweb.iaea.org/nahu/nmrm/
nmrm2003/descript.htm
Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS) Korea
http://www.kriss.re.kr/
LGC Ltd UK http://www.lgc.co.uk/
National Center of Metrology (CENAM) Mexico http://www.cenam.mx/
National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) USA http://
www.nist.gov/
National Institute for Environmental Studiesn (NIES) Japan http://
www.nies.go.jp/
National Measurement Institute Australia (NMIA) Australia http://
www.measurement.gov.au/
National Metrology Institute of Japan (NMIJ) Japan http://www.nmij.jp/
National Research Centre for Certified Reference Materials (NRCCRM)
PR China http://www.nrccrm.org.cn/
National Research Council of Canada, Institute for National
Measurement Standards (NRC-INMS) Canada http://www.inms-ienm.nrc-
cnrc.gc.ca/
National Water Research Institute Canada http://www.nwri.ca/nlet/crm-
e.html