ORGLIST: Analysis

From: Uno Maeorg (uno$##$chem.ut.ee)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 19:30:20 EDT

Hi colleagues,

I have to analyze the aromatic hydrocarbon types in detergent alkylates.

According to the UOP Method 672-84 standard method I have to use the low
voltage high resolution MS spectrometry (they used Kratos MS 30 instrument)
. Since the standard is old (from 1984) then I can't find an high
resolution EI MS instrument working with 11.5 eV.
Instead I have access to the ESI linear Ion trap instrument. The standard
method calibration is made with EI but doing now the analysis with ESI
mode I can't use the same calibration. In standard is not said anything
about the standards or calibration mixtures etc.
I will be very happy if somebody could give some comments or even better if
you can share your experience about this topic.

With best regards

Uno