Re: ORGLIST: Azeotrope

From: Rita Noronha (rgnoronha$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 09:46:24 EDT

Dear Mar

You can find several n-butanol azeotrope binary systems in the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.

If you do not have access to this handbook let me give some options:
water (unless your material is water sensitive).
o-xylene, toluene, chlorobenzene
pyridine
octane
butyronitrile
butyl ether
butyl acetate
hexaldehyde

Good luck

Rita Noronha

Mar Quesada <MQuesada$##$kudospharma.co.uk> wrote: Dear all

  I am looking for some solvent that I can use to azeotrope n-buthanol. Any ideas?

  Thanks

  Mar