ORGLIST: Need a help to synthesis a known compound

From: Peng Gao (pgao00$##$st.lzu.edu.cn)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 12:14:30 EDT

Dear all,
    Recently, I want to synthesis the compound
1,5-dimethyl-3,7-dioxabicyclo[3.3.0] octane-2,8-dione as this JOC paper (J. Org.
Chem. 1989, 54, 5684. please see attachments), but I failed to get any product I
need, I didní»t know why, could you give me any suggestion? Or anybody have other
good idea to synthesis the product I need, please tell me. Thank you in advance.

    Please see the attachments.

   Yours sincerely,
   Peng Gao