Re: ORGLIST: preparation of peracetic acid solution

From: ed.arruda$##$iff.com
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 14:10:01 EDT

Sir,

For a catalyst might I suggest using an acid supported on a solid phase
such as Amberlyst 15 that can be filtered through a coarse fritted funnel.
The peracetic acid (35%) used in our lab is purchased from Sigma-Aldrich
that has less than 6% hydrogen peroxide with about 40% acetic acid.
Perhaps that's the best one can expect.

Regards

E. Arruda

Senior Scientist, IFF R&D
1515 Hwy. 36, Union Beach, NJ. 07735

This communication contains information of International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) and/or its affiliates that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended only for the addressee. Any copying, dissemination or other use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your system.