ORGLIST: preparation of peracetic acid solution

From: Mugunthan G (mugunthan_gee$##$yahoo.co.in)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 13:21:03 EDT

hi friends,
                 i need some suggestions for preparing peracetic acid.standard organic texts says we have to take acetic acid (3parts) and hydrogen peroxide (1 part) at zero degree in presence of sulfuric acid catalyst. now my question is how to make sure that reaction proceeds and how to estimate the percentage of peracetic acid. more over i need this for converting aminoimino sulfinic acid to aminoimino sulfonic acid, catalytic sulfuric acid may create any problem during this step? if so how to get rid of it.
  thank u

MUGUNTHAN.G
DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION AND REASEARCH
SECTOR-67,PHASE-10, MOHALI
PUNJAB-160062
INDIA