Re: ORGLIST: Destruction of carbon monoxide

From: Dr. S. K. Adhikari (sisir_ad$##$vsnl.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 10:24:34 EST

Dear Christoph,
You may please pass the exit gas through a solution of cuprous chloride &
HCl ( an adduct
is formed) or pass through hot copper oxide ( resulting in copper) in a tube
, even passing through sulphuric acid
(forms carbon dioxide and sulphur dioxide , which can be eventually absorbed
in NaOH solution)
Hope these are better methods . . .
Thanks
S.K.Adhikari