Re: ORGLIST: how to store and purify Trifluoromethanesulfonic acid?

From: HUAN LIANG (z95709$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 19:41:45 EST

first, store under argon and put it in the freezer.
Second, I am not quite sure the purifiaction method. For triflic anhydride,
you can distill it. (High toxic vapor)
By the way, it is very easy to liberate SO2 and produce a viscous liquid.
So, buy fresh triflic acid; use it in the glove box; store it under Argon.

Good Luck!

LIANG, HUAN (steven)