ORGLIST: Oxime degradation

From: Nalini Patel (nalini.patel$##$rediffmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 01:32:31 EST

Hi to all ORGLIST friends ! I made very well the OXIME of 4-Methyl cyc=
lohexanone with Hydroxylamine HCl in caustic media. Here my question is, is=
 it necessary to give this oxime washes of satd. brine after reaction compl=
etion, even if the pH of the media comes neutral ?   The reason of=
 asking this, because when after 2 weeks & 4 weeks, I used this oxime for m=
y further steps, the yield of my final product was consequently being lower=
 & lower comparing to using fresh oxime in the next step. Can anyone p=
ls advice me, this result may be due to not giving washes of brine or may b=
e due to degradation of the oxime ? Awaiting your replies, soon ! =