ORGLIST: p-xylene dibromide

From: Kishore Babu Ch (kbchilukuri$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 00:04:42 EST

Dear friends,

I prepared P-xylene dibromide from P-xylene ,we got
only 50% yield with NBS at reflux temp.and also try
with Bromine in ccl4 and direct bromination at
different temp i.e 50C,80C,100c,120C,140C and above
temp,we got only 40-50% yield .If any body suggest how
to improve the yield to 80%.If any information please
give me mail.

thanks/regards,
ch.k