ORGLIST: Synth of 1, 4-dihalo-benaldehydes or 1, 4-dihalo-benzyl alcohols

From: support$##$cussyn.com
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 23:33:21 EDT

Greetngs to all ,

I am looking for procedures for the formylation (primarily) orchloromethy=
lation (secondarily) of the symmetric 1,4-diiodobenzene.Essentially I am =
trying to prepare1,4-diiodobenzaldehyde or 1,4-diiodobenzylalcohol. If th=
ere is anyoneout that has experience with either formylation, carbonylati=
on, orchloromethylation of 1,4-dihalobenzenes, I would greatly appreciate=
dany advice, input, or literature references.

If someone has another reasonablyshort or direct route to synthesize 1,4-=
diiodobenzylalcohol
I would be interested in considering that as well. Our Current route isra=
ther long ,tedious, and does not lend well to scale up.

Thank you in advance to all my fellow chemists!

Brad