Re: ORGLIST: Diol protection of Triol such as Glycerol or TMP with Ketone

From: Mr. (Dr.) Hardik M. Thakar (hardikthakar$##$rediffmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 23:26:18 EDT

   please try p-toluene sulphonic acid in amount of 1:0.2 mol Sinc=
erely, Hardik On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 William Chien wrote : >Several y=
ears ago, I was trying to make a diol (of >Trimethylolpropane)protecting =
group by using dimethyl >ketone and found the resulting material wasn't v=
ery >stable. > >Recently I found an article regarding a similar >re=
action (Glycerol with Ketone and acidic catalyst). > >I am looking for =
the type of catalyst suitable for >this reaction and the reaction conditi=
on to stabilise >the resulting compound. > >Thanks and best regards=

 Music Unlimited >Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. >http://mus=

tp://www.orglist.net >To post a message (TO EVERYBODY) send to everybody@=
orglist.net >To unsubscribe, send to everybody-request$##$orglist.net the me=
ssage: unsubscribe your_orglist_password your_address