RE: ORGLIST: papers

From: Chapman, Robert D n/a (robert.chapman$##$navy.mil)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 15:06:04 EDT

Michael Engel:

You are correct that Anil Saini's citations are wrong.
1. The article at p. 3095 in that volume is by Wohl and runs 3095-3110. =
An article by Traube in that volume at a "similar" citation is pp. =
3035-3056, which is the correct citation. Interestingly, the same =
incorrect citation that Anil used is on the Web: =
http://99.1911encyclopedia.org/P/PU/PURIN.htm
2. The article at p. 397 is by Fischer and runs 397-400. The probably =
correct article by Baum in that volume is pp. 532-540, and it cites the =
Traube article.

The gallica.bnf.fr Web site you cited is interesting. The entire Volume =
33 is apparently there. However, there is a connectivity problem with =
that Web site. (However, it may not be a problem but rather an inherent =
limitation.) In trying to access p. 3095 (the original citation), I =
found that I usually received a message of "Le document que vous avez =
demandé n'est pas accessible." However, if I tried repeatedly, I could =
get the desired Web site content. Accessing particular pages requires =
two frames to load and respond correctly: a navigation frame (such as =
inputting a page number) and a display frame for the output. I had to =
reload a page ca. 4-6 times to get any particular frame to display =
correctly, so to get those two necessary frames to display correctly in =
order to access a particular page, one might have to try 16~36 times. I =
did so and eventually obtained p. 3095 (to find that it was by Wohl). =
However, with that behavior, it became easier to go to my library to =
look up the hard copies.

-

Robert D. Chapman, Ph.D.
Chemistry Branch (Code 498200D)