Re: ORGLIST: Menshutkin reaction

From: Jiri Janovsky (jiri.janovsky$##$vscht.cz)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 09:12:53 EDT

See Ionic Liquids as Green Solvents, ACS Symposium Series 856,
edited by Robin D.Rogers and Kenneth R. Seddon, 2003,
chapter 2 : Ionic Liquids - Improved Syntheses and New Products
and the literature cited therein.
The preparations of N-alkylpyridinium halide salts via microwave irradiation
of starting material are reported there.
Also some syntheses using ultrasound irradiation are mentioned there,
particularly in chapter 7.