Re: ORGLIST: NABH4 reductive power enhancement

From: Maringanti Krishna (maringanti9$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 01:03:06 EDT

I remember one classical paper by Luchie, describing the selectivity/enhanced reducing power of NaBH4 in the presence of various metal salts eg. CoCl2, NiCl2, CuCl2, ZnCl2 etc. . In presence of Iodine, NaBH4 liberates diborane gas. The best medium for the generation of NaBH4 is diglyme. You can check in scifinder for Periasamy and Bhaskar Kanth et. al somewhere between 1986 and 1988 (chem. com and tet, let). I dont remember the exact reference but we do these modifications routinely in the laboratory.
Krishna
diogo$##$unilavras.edu.br wrote:Hello everybody...
Ive been reading some papers from the 70's thar discuss on the ways of
enhancing NABH4 power of reduction, as with CoCl2 and I2. Do any of you
have some references that discuss it in more details, mainly about the
selectivities in this reactions over different reducible groups?
Thanks,
Diogo
List coordinator: Joao Aires de Sousa (coordinator$##$orglist.net)