ORGLIST: Removal of thiophenol from a reaction mixture

From: Nandan Vakatkar (nandan2000$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 00:57:01 EDT

Dear Surya N. Vangapandu,
                      Try converting the thiophenol into sodium salt by using NaOH as the phenol scruber in the reaction medium.
Regards.

Nandan V. Vakatkar
Research Fellow

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:31:40 -0500
From: "surya vangapandu" <surya.v$##$lycos.com>
Subject: ORGLIST: Removal of thiophenol from a reaction mixture
To: "Ruisong Xu" <rsxu$##$siu.edu>, everybody$##$orglist.net

Hello everybody,

I would appreciate if you can let me know a procedure on how can
thiophenol be quenched and subsequently removed from a reaction mixture
containing a highly sensitive amine. The bp of thiophenol is 169 0C.

Thanks in advance.

Most sincerely,

Surya N. Vangapandu

Surya N. Vangapandu, Ph.D;
School of Medicine, Emory University
Atlanta, GA 30322
Ph: 404-727-0435
E-mail: surya.v$##$lycos.com
You have a unique talent and a unique way of expressing it. There is
something that you can do better than any one else in the world.

Nandan V. Vakatkar
Mumbai-400054
Tel:++91-9821278257