ORGLIST: Ethyl acetate and THF moisture removal

From: Deepak Shukla (DEEPAK.SHUKLA2$##$ranbaxy.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 01:23:24 EDT

Hi everybody,
While working on safe methods for THF and Ethyl acetate moisture removal ,=
 A lot of good literature is available in Solvent recovery and safety=
 handbooks e.g.. by Smallwood and on different web sites but I am searching=
 some good literature on two subjects,

1.In case of THF either pervaporation or Caustic followed by molecular=
 sieves treatment the peroxide content is becoming an unavoidable danger.=
 We have been using peroxide inhibitors in all stages still if somebody=
 could share some reference on safety aspects of various recovery options=
 it will be highly useful.
2.In case of Ethyl acetate ,I request if someone can share some good=
 reference on its reverse solubility in water and how it varies with=
 temperature. Because while establishing this in my lab I found very=
 interesting aspects because of hydrolysis of ethyl acetate.

Warm regards
Deepak

(i) The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for=
 the confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is=
 privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the=
 intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the=
 intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this=
 document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or=
 copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this=
 communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete=
 the original message.

 (ii) The sender confirms that Ranbaxy shall not be responsible if this=
 email message is used for any indecent, unsolicited or illegal purposes,=
 which are in violation of any existing laws and the same shall solely be=
 the responsibility of the sender and that Ranbaxy shall at all times be=
 indemnified of any civil and/ or criminal liabilities or consequences=
 there.