Re: ORGLIST: Preparation of potassium phenoxide

From: Maringanti Krishna (maringanti9$##$yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 01:27:47 EDT

Dear Mugunthan:
YOu cannot isolate potassium phenoxide with KOH easily because, KOH always has 15% water. Try with potassium carbonate, it is the easiest phenoxide one can ever make!
Krishna

mugunthan gee <mugunthan_gee$##$yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Hi ,
       I am trying to prepare Some O-phenyl glycosides, for this i need either sodium or potassium phenoxide, I tried to prepare it from Phenol and KOH, but it doesn't work for me. If anybody know any reasonable procedure for preparation of Potassium Phenoxide, pls help me.

with regards
Mugunthan. G

MUGUNTHAN.G

PhD Scholar, Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry
NIPER, SEC-67, PHASE-10,
MOHALI-160062.
STATE- PUNJAB
INDIA