ORGLIST: sulfonic acid protection

From: James Norman (jnormantx$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 01:05:42 EDT

What steps could I take to protect a tertiary sulfonic acid group? I need
low reactivity and reversibility, obviously; sulfonyl chlorides will not
work.
Sorry if this is a basic question - I'm a device physicist, not a chemist,
and was curious for different reasons if a protection/deprotection scheme
exits for sulfonic acids as one does for carboxylic acids.
Thank you,
JJN