ORGLIST: DTPA..again

From: will jones (willjones46$##$hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 05:04:11 EDT

Hi again guys

I asked everyone for advice regarding synthesising the monoactivated ester
of DTPA. I said that the only solvent I could find to dissolve DTPA in was
DMSO. My coupling procedure used DCC/NHS.

I know that DMSO in the presence of DCC is an oxidising agent. This wouldnt
be a problem, except that the DCC will react with DMSO, and also I am
preparing the activated ester in situ to then react with an alcohol bearing
compound.

Would DMSO react with HBTU? Could I therefore substitute DCC for HBTU? That
way my reaction would be faster as well.

So, in short, can I use HBTU in DMSO, without the DMSO reacting with HBTU?

Thanks in advance

Will